Sunday, August 29, 2010

Writer's Block

It's such a cliche, but damn, I sure am suffering from it. I know there are people out there who don't "believe" in writer's block, but I don't have another word that works as well for how I feel. Because, to me, that's what writer's block is. A feeling of almost aversion to writing at all. It's not that I don't have ideas, it's just that they all feel trapped in my head, and they repel going onto a page like the same poles of two magnets.

It's amazingly frustrating. It makes me feel like such a failure, and makes me doubt that I can, or even want, to be a "real" writer. But I know it's not permanent, so for now I will just have to deal with it until I can break through. I fear my writing progress will be stalled until I hit one of those rare bursts of inspiration, but then hopefully my momentum will kick in!

No comments:

Post a Comment